Do you love to be outdoors in the winter? Do you want to have a positive impact on the lives of nearly 2,000 children? Do you like moose?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then come work for the Overlander Ski Club!
The Overlander Ski Club, operators of the Stake Lake Ski and Snowshoe Trails, located just 25 km south of Kamloops. We are a family-friendly destination that is a winter playground for anyone who loves sunshine and great snow!
And we are hiring for a Cross Country Ski Instructor!
The job: Cross Country Ski Instructor
What you'll do:
- develop an educational/fun ski program for school/youth groups
- lead groups on ~2hr ski outing on our trails
- work with the S'kool snowshoe coach and S'kool coordinator to ensure smooth running of the S'kool program
- assist in maintaining cleanliness of the day lodge and washroom buildings after group visits
-respond to trails issues ( ie. first aid, fallen trees, and lost skiers) in a safe manner
-provide feedback and bring program issues forward to coordinator
-other duties as needed to ensure program operation
You are someone who loves dealing with youth and helping them get the most out of their outdoor experience.
- an intermediate classic cross country skier
- experienced working with groups of youth grades 3 - 7
- able to pass a Police record check with VSS
- willing to work outdoors in winter conditions
- current in first aid (OFA 1 or Standard minimum) or willing to obtain
-Hold or willing to obtain a CCC coaching license
- enjoy snowshoeing
- have used snowmobiles for either work or recreation
- experience in outdoor education for youth (eg. Scouts, Guides, Cadets, Outdoor or Nature clubs)
- are current with an advanced first aid ticket (OFA 2 +TE or AWFA)
If this Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 14:30 (with potential for additional hours) position sounds like a fit for you, please forward a resume and cover letter.
Position start will likely be January; however, some hours will be needed starting December. Interviews will be scheduled ASAP.
For more information about the club and trails see: www.overlanderskiclub.com
We thank all those who apply, but only those short listed will be contacted.