Facilities and Trails
Stake Lake Facilities include:
- 60 km of TRAILS, expertly trackset & groomed for both skate & classic skiing.
- Family-friendly trails for EVERYONE, from beginner through to intermediate and advanced skiers and snowshoers.
- Numerous LOOPS and ROUTES, offering a fabulous variety of skiing and snowshoeing options.
- 6.5 km of LIT TRAILS for night skiing.
- 5 km of DOG TRAILS, also expertly trackset & groomed.
- 20 km of SNOWSHOE TRAILS.
- New heated washrooms, thanks to a grant from the Kamloops Blazers Foundation, opened Dec. 24th, 2014.
- A large, comfortable and heated DAY LODGE
- TERRAIN PARK (a ski playground) for Kids of all ages.
- Strategically placed MAPS on all trails with an easy-to-use difficulty rating system.
- Check out our TRAIL MAPS to see all your skiing and snowshoeing options.
- Shelters and outhouses along various trails
- Warm-Up and Timing huts for races
During ski season our hours of operation are:
- Saturday and Sunday - the ticket booth is open from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- Monday through Friday the ticket booth is open from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm.
- Night Skiing - With our lodge open until 9:00 on many evenings night skiing has become extremely popular with skiers and snowshoers alike.
- Dog Trails – All users need to check-in at the ticket booth before proceeding to the Dog Trail. Please pick up after your dogs so everyone can enjoy the trails.
For use with
While dogs are not allowed on the regular ski or snowshoe trails during ski season we do have a 5km dog-friendly ski trail across the road and a dog- friendly snowshoe trail in that area as well. Our dog trail is designed for skiers to all move in one direction for the safety of skiers and dogs alike. Users need to check in with the ticket booth prior to proceeding to the Dog trails. Please pick up after your dogs so everyone can enjoy the trails.
Bikes and Vehicles
While Stake Lake is an excellent location for biking in the summer months, bikes are NOT allowed on the Stake Lake Ski Trails once the trails are open for skiing or are in the process of being prepared for opening.
Note: The Stake Lake Ski Trails are closed to vehicles all year except for maintenance work.